compensation: Excellent wage and benefit package with growth opportunities employment type: full-time job title: CNC Programmer
QR Code Link to This Post
We train and promote from within
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
Sierra Pacific Windows, a growing, major window and door manufacturer with manufacturing facilities located in California and Wisconsin, is seeking a qualified CNC Programmer to work collaboratively with our engineering and production teams.
About The Position
• Analyze engineer drawings and work orders to develop CNC programs for multiple axis machining operations
• Order necessary tooling and creating descriptions of tooling and fixturing requirements
• Determine and utilize proper speed and feed rates for varying materials
• Define reference point locations and origin offsets
• Create variable based programs using basic math, geometry, trigonometry, logic, and conditional statements
• Perform first article inspections and other quality assurance tests to ensure products meet design specifications
• Work closely with engineering and production on new product development
• Adjust tool paths and organize machining operations to optimize production and efficiency
• Be able to learn and use efficiently multiple CAD/CAM software platforms for a variety of machines
• Train other team members how to properly and safely operate/maintain CNC machines and programs
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous experience working in a manufacturing setting is required
• At least 3 years’ experience using CAD/CAM software
• Associates Degree in related field is preferred
• Able to interpret engineering and production drawings
• Experience with fenestration products, especially aluminum and wood components, is preferred
• Experience with Homag, Biesse, Weeke, Elumatec, Joseph CNC equipment desired
• Ability to work independently and follow direction
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and time management skills
• Strong work ethic, ability to self-start, and results-oriented mindset
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company-paid Life Insurance. Each year, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a resume and cover letter referencing this position to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careers
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
About Our Company
Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 and has grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producers in the U.S., employing over 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
We are a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly 2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively uses nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our facilities. In fact, any small amount that isn't turned into hand-crafted doors and windows, millwork, lumber, or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
We are proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities follow our drug-free and tobacco-free policies. As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We use E-verify to verify the social security number and work authorization of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.